- Elasticity is the ability of a material to return to its original shape/length when the stretching force or the compressing force is no longer acting on it.
- Hooke’s law states that the force applied is proportional to the extension of spring, provided the elastic limit is not exceeded.
Gradient = spring constant
Area under the graph = elastic potential energy
- Spring constant quantifies the stiffness of a spring.
- Steeper gradient of graph F against x, extension has a stiffer spring.
- Spring A is stiffer than spring B.