Friday, July 16, 2010

Are we ready for sport........?

All systems go for ‘1Student, 1Sport’ policy next year
KUALA LUMPUR: All necessary plans have been made to introduce the “1Student, 1Sport” policy school next year, said the Deputy Prime Minister.“We have informed our officers on the appropriate ways to implement this at both primary and secondary school levels, as students of different ages have a different approach to sports,” said Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin at a press conference after opening the Second Asean Schools Games at the Kuala Lumpur Football Stadium here yesterday.Muhyiddin, also the Education Minister, said that almost all schools had sports teachers, but quality must be there.“One teacher training institute has been tasked to train highly qualified sports teachers.”Muhyiddin added that about 70% of schools had adequate facilities, while the remaining 30% with insufficient facilities would be assisted.

“I admit that we have not given special attention to sports infrastructure for a long time and we will address this,” he said. In the meantime, he said schools could turn to facilities owned by the Government or the municipal councils.Last week, Deputy Education Minister Datuk Dr Wee Ka Siong said the ministry had decided to make sports a compulsory condition to enter public universities and it would be implemented gradually in a systematic fashion in all schools.
My Query:
  • Do our school have sufficient amenities and sport infrastructures for student to undergo training? Some school especially SRJK's type do not have field.
  • Do we have enough dedicated and qualified sport science teacher or coach to give training to our students? 
  • Are academic teachers also need to involve in sport activities?
  • Does the school hours extended to 5 pm?
  • How to evaluate student's sport performance when some of them are not sport-inclined or have sickness? 

No comments: